Thursday, July 23, 2009

Anticipation

Sorry for the hiatus in blogging. I had a great trip home, which included my Dad's graduation, my first baby shower, great time with family, a trip to Orange City, quality time at Aunt Linda's, a couple of visits to Grandma Schoon's, and way too many hours in the car. I have some good pictures and more to tell, but I'll save that for another post.

In the meantime, Dan headed back to Nashville after the graduation & shower and was able to get the baby's room painted while I was gone. I LOVE how the color turned out (hard to see in these pics though)! Then, when I got home we put the crib together. I just love it! We put it up on Saturday, and Sunday morning I did a double take when I walked past the room...it's a little surreal to see a crib in my home.

I got some wonderful gifts at the shower last weekend and spent some time yesterday sorting through. It's finally beginning to sink in that we're really going to be bringing a baby home in just a couple of months, and seeing all of this "stuff" that goes along with it is pretty crazy! I know this just looks like a mess, but here are some of the adorable little outfits I was sorting through yesterday. This child is going to be well dressed, thanks to the generosity of our friends and family!
Then today I went with my neighbor to a local consignment sale. We arrived about 10 minutes after the doors opened and it was already a mad-house, but I managed to snag several great deals. I just couldn't resist a few little clothing items, so I brought home some adorable little overalls, a fleece lined sweater for the winter, and a little velour jogging suit - all for under $10!

I also found a Moses basket that she'll be able to sleep in for the first little while. We thought it would be handy to have her in our room at first, and for only $10, I won't feel bad about getting rid of this once she's in her crib.
I also found this backpack that will be great for when she's a little older - for hiking & traveling, etc. Dan had found one when we were registering that was quite expensive, so I think he'll be thrilled with this.

Then, when I got back home with my treasures, I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me on the front porch:

Our carseat & stroller!! Dan's generous Aunt, Uncle, & Grandma had this sent right to our doorstep. I can't wait to get it put together!

My house is quickly filling up with all of these items, and I am blown away by the generosity of our friends and family. A huge thank-you to all of you who came to my shower in Missouri and who continue to send gifts for this little girl. I can't wait for you all to meet her! And with all of these reminders sitting around, I'm realizing how close we're getting now. Only 2 more months and I'll get to see her sweet little face. Talk about anticipation.

1 comment:

Mama Mote said...

Looks like you are doing well getting ready for your little girl. Hooray for getting your crib together! Looking forward to meeting your little one. Give Dan a hug for me.