Friday, December 5, 2008

Why am I always COLD?!?

Seriously...I'm in my office right now with my space heater blasting, and I'm still freezing! Why must I always dress for the arctic? Why must I always be uncomfortable cold no matter where I go?

Now, if I'm going to be outside during the winter months, I expect this. I bundle up, dress in layers, throw on a muff...whatever. I'm okay with that. But must I wear long underwear to work? Should I really have to bring a wool blanket to church with me? Is it really necessary to sit through a movie with mittens on?

I think I have my mother's curse. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go find a cup of hot chocolate and try to unthaw.

5 comments:

AmyBethJames said...

It IS really cold in here today. Some days here I wear my coat and it is lunchtime before I realize I haven't taken it off. And I really did wear my gloves the last time I saw a movie!

The ORourkes said...

It has to been the genes. I am constantly sitting in front of a heater. And in MN I don't even really feel my feet for the 6 months of winter we have!
Sara

katie said...

what's funny is that i was asked today why i was wearing short sleeves. i replied, "i get really warm working.." which is true.
perhaps we're opposite, dear kali.

Mama Mote said...

Sorry about that, Kali. Wish I could share my hot flashes with you. They have somewhat disappeared, but they still show up when I don't need them...although they do come at good times, too. Give Dan a hug for me.

Anonymous said...

Because you are your mother's daughter!
A.L.