Monday, June 2, 2008

Quick Update

Just thought I would throw up a quick update since it has again been awhile. I am currently at my parents' in Missouri preparing for my sister's upcoming wedding on Saturday! Things are certainly in place for the big day, but as everyone knows there are lots of "week-before" preparations, so that's what I am here for. And to hang out with the bride-to-be of course :-) They are planning to have this wedding outdoors, so please pray for lots of sunshine & no rain!

I just got back home this evening from a wonderful few days with my dear friend Shelby. I flew into Kansas City on Saturday morning and drove up to Lincoln to spend a few days with her as she is newly engaged and planning an August wedding. It was so fun to spend some time with her and her fiance, getting to know him a bit and of course enjoying lots of wedding details. I even got to see her beautiful dress, which was very fun.

Dan is still at home in Nashville as he has to work until Thursday evening, and I must say I'm ready for that guy to get here! Even though I'm "home," things just aren't quite the same when he's not here. It's funny how that happens, isn't it?

Okay, I really must go to bed now. Mom just gave me the best head-rub known to man (sorry Dan), and we enjoyed a nice chat for a bit. It's so good to be here. And now I get to sleep in the darkest, most quiet place in the world - something I have come to appreciate more than ever before now that I live in the city. Hope all is well for you out in blog land :-) Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good hearing from ya, Kal!!! I was hoping you would post an update...so thanks!

Miss ya down the hall from me but am so pumped that you got to spend time with Shelby and get to be home for this special occasion with Kelsey!

Praying for a sunny June 7th!!!

Much love,

Whit

jenny said...

How was the wedding?? Pics?