Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

Have you ever had one of those days when you wish you could have just played hooky from life for a little while? I can't say that anything terrible really happened, but just lots of little frustrations added up to one stressful day. Take lunch for instance...if you've ever tried to park an extra-long truck in an extra-compact parking spot while 15 cars line up behind you to watch you make a fool of yourself, you might have some idea of what I experienced. Tack on the fact that all I really needed to do was run in, pick up my order I called in hours ahead of time, and head back to my meeting (yes...an all day meeting), and then top it off with thousands (okay, now I might be exaggerating) of college students wandering in front and behind my vehicle while I'm trying to pull out into noon-hour traffic. Did I mention I drive an extra-long truck in the city? You'd think I was from the country or something! I think I'm going to bring my lunch to work tomorrow.

I must give some points to my husband though, who has increased the quality of my day tremendously. When I asked what he wanted for supper, his response was "Mexican." I'll brave any city traffic for that - thanks Dan! With a nice fully belly, I feel much more capable of conquering my next task...as long as it does not involve a parking battle.

No comments: