Friday, August 3, 2012

Reentry

Alas, I have failed at blogging this summer.  Here is my attempt to re-enter the blog-o-sphere.  I make no promises :)

Funny how it's so hard to get rolling again when I haven't been at this for awhile...and how easily ideas seem to come to me when I'm consistent.  I would think it would be the other way around in that one would have more ideas when they haven't been shared for awhile.  Strange.  This feels a bit like that first painful post when I didn't have the slightest clue what I was doing and/or if anyone besides my Mom & sister would ever even find this little corner of the internet.

So I guess I'll start with some of my most recent pictures.  Perhaps they will provide a little inspiration:

We had a wonderful, low-key, do-nothing sort of weekend last week.  It was wonderful (did I already say that?)!  On Saturday Dan really wanted to do something fun with the girls outside after they got up from naps.

So we got them in their swimsuits...
 and filled up the pools.
 Yes, I said pools.  You know, because keeping things simple can just get boring when you're 2 1/2 and 11 months old.  Daddy thought an obstacle course would be fun.

It started out pretty well.
And we were careful to stay in the shade since we hadn't applied sunscreen (as Caroline was quick to remind us when we briefly stepped into the sunshine).
 Daddy even let them pick a few flowers.
 And I could stop there and let you think we had a fine afternoon, whiling away the hours with lots of splashing and giggling.  But here's a dose of reality:


Yup.  Probably not even 15 minutes in to our super-fun-filled afternoon, both of the girls were melting down.  Perhaps the water was too cold, the naps too short, and the expectations too high.  So it goes. 

So we moved on to Plan B:  gardening.  And the time had come to harvest the onions.  Dan had already pulled them and dried them for a few days, so we chopped off the stems, and Caroline collected them for us:
 But in the end, she decided gardening is best done like the original gardeners did it...
...you know, just like Adam & Eve.

3 comments:

Momiss said...

Awwwww! Cutest picture ever!! (last one)
I have missed you, keep at it! lol

DPJ said...

So true Kal, we had such high expectations for that afternoon. Built the ideas up in Caroline's head, got her excited...and splat, all for 10-15 min of sort of fun. Thats life with kids...its happened before and Im sure it will happen again. I love our life...every bit of it!

Kyle said...

That is your best Blog yet.

PaPa