Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's Official

I officially have a walker on my hands. She has been making lots of progress and basically walking for about a month now, but just yesterday she suddenly stood up in the middle of the floor for the first time - and she hasn't looked back! Today the little munchkin was practically doing laps around the house. And she is so very proud of her accomplishment, too. She jabbers happily as she goes along, more content than ever to play by herself, bringing me various treasures from time to time. It's a joy to watch her discover this new skill, even if it means everything just became slightly more chaotic around here :-)

So does walker=toddler? I'm not sure I'm ready to totally let go of the baby stage quite yet, but I'm realizing I don't exactly have that option. Ready or not, here we go!

Here's a little video of her stomping around my disaster of a kitchen. It's a little long, but she was so cute, I just couldn't turn of the camera :)

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Worth every minute it took to load and watch - three times!

Mama Mote said...

Very adorable. You're right! Now that she's mobile, you'll have a little more work on your hands, but it's so fun to see them, like you said, discover new skills and the world around them. Thanks for sharing. And it wasn't long enough. :)

Brent said...

So in two weeks she'll practically be running, right? That's good because this time i was thinking about making a multi-station obstical course where she could climb, jump, swing and jump through..kind of like a "gladiator" type course, minus the muscular people and tennis ball launcher. What do you think? Run it by dan :)

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Thanks for preserving that. Oh, nice job on the "no whinning "too.
" Nip it in the bud! Bud nipping I call it" Barney Fife

Love Ya, Dad

AmyBethJames said...

Love it! Like adorable baby Frankenstein/zombie walking with the little arms out. Too much cuteness!

DPJ said...

Yeah! I have a track star in the house. She runs faster than her mom and dad already!