Monday, February 16, 2009

Technical Difficulties

Okay, so I'm not really having "technical" difficulties per say... except that "technically" I haven't been doing a very good job of blogging lately. Whatever. Close enough.

It's 5:04 on Monday and I already feel like I've put in a full week at work. Ugh. Meetings all day. But alas, it is still Monday afternoon.

I just realized that an entire event went by that I never even mentioned on this blog, which proves that I really have been a slacker. On Feb. 2, we had the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame here in Nashville, which I am proud to say I worked quite hard on. This year we have a slightly smaller staff than we have had in the past, and it really came down to 2 of us who put the whole thing together. Needless to say, being 1 of 2, I invested a lot, and I was quite proud of the results.

We inducted 5 new members into our Hall of Fame: Michael W. Smith, Lari Goss, Dr. Bobby Jones, The Dixie Hummingbirds, and the one and only Dolly Parton. It's always such a fun event to be a part of as we honor some of our industry's pioneers & legends. Here are a few pics from the evening, in case you're curious. I know I'm not in these - I'm more of a behind-the-scenes type :-)
All of our inductees for 2009, plus a few of my "colleagues" (ok - bosses)

A few folks you may recognize - TobyMac, John Styll (GMA Pres.), Michael W. Smtih,
& Steven Curtis Chapman

Pals SCC & Smitty

Star power: Smitty & Dolly

The Classic Imperials closing out the evening with some wonderful entertainment.



A shot of the room - and a glimpse at some of the flower arrangements I put together.

Cool - it's 5:20 now. Only 10 more minutes until I get to head home! I should really do this more often...

No comments: