Thursday, September 24, 2009

40 Weeks

Last night Dan decided we needed to "celebrate" our due date, and get our minds off the fact that nothing was happening. So we headed to Pei Wei for some yummy Chinese and enjoyed a nice evening out. Of course, nothing compares to the Szechuan Inn in Orange City (or the college student discount we used to get there), but this certainly worked :)
My fortune...quite fitting! (Endurance & persistance will be rewarded)


We also hit the neighboring Maggie Moo's for dessert to finish off the celebration. All in all it was a lovely evening, even if we had no little one to join us. I even rather enjoyed answering people when they asked, "So, when are you due?"

A few pictures of my current state for the curious (sorry Mom...more belly exposure. It just gives the full effect!):



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister Dee told Tiffany that Chinese food would do the trick. She tried, but it didn't work ...right away....a week later.
Hope it works quicker for you.
Trying to wait patiently, Carol Wolf
It's worth the wait!!!!

jenny said...

Ah man. I know.... so disappointing. But, I remember we really tried to make the most of every last evening together, knowing her arrival would really be ANY day. Snuggled on the couch, read together, went out to eat. And you know what, I really do look fondly on those last few days just the two of us.

Anonymous said...

You are doing wonderful and it will be a few short days before you get to see her. She is a lucky little girl. I agree with Jenny, make the most of these last few days together. It will never be the same, still good, but never the same. Blessings to you!

Whitney said...

I know this must be a hard wait, but it will be so worth it! I am so thankful to have been placed down the hall from you guys, and although I'm very sad to have to miss out on this season of life for you guys...I am thankful to be able to stay in contact, and I am so encouraged by your faith and in knowing what awesome parents you and Dan are going to be!! I hope it goes as quickly and painlessly as possible for you!

Liv said...

WOW you tummy looks like one big breast! Enjoy that belly it will be out soon and you labored months to have one beautiful belly.

Unknown said...

Nice haircut Dan!

Mama Mote said...

Watching and waiting with you and everyone else. Nice belly, btw. Glad you are taking that time together just enjoying each other. Look forward to meeting Baby J in a couple of days. love and hugs