Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crisis Averted

Today is Boss's Day. I stumbled upon this information earlier this week by chance and quickly alerted my coworkers who also have bosses, in order to make sure that we were all on the same page and that no one was embarrassed when one coworker showed up with a gift for their boss and they didn't have one. This was Monday. Apparently somewhere between Monday and Thursday that little tip I so kindly passed on to my colleagues completely escaped by brain and I was the brilliant employee who showed up today without a gift for my boss. Awesome.

Fortunately I discovered my dilemma soon after arriving at work and quickly ran down the hall to make sure that no one presented their boss's gift before I had mine (what am I, 12?). I then ran out the door without any sort of plan other than to find something, ANYTHING, for my boss (who, by the way, REALLY appreciates these sorts of things...). And I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kroger for carrying everything one needs in a situation like this. I grabbed a pretty bouquet, found a Thank-you card (do they make boss cards?) and some of her favorite candy and headed back to the office.

It worked brilliantly. I even found some curling ribbon somewhere buried in our supply of birthday decor, tied up the candy and delivered the gift as if it had been planned all along. My boss even told me it made her day. Like my title says...crisis averted.

By the way...when is non-boss's day? And what would you call that, anyway?

1 comment:

Mama Mote said...

One of the other Admins in our office emailed our Business Manager to let her know it was Boss's Day. Quickly she came up with a plan. We celebrated our Bosses with a pasta/salad/bread/cookie meal for lunch, catered by Mama's Meatball. And each admin gave a card to their "assigned" boss. I later sent an e-card to the Pastors because I wanted to thank them for being great "bosses". Fun. Non-boss day could be Secretary's Day. Somehow that day gets "almost missed", too.