Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ordinary

In an attempt to find some material for this here blog of mine, I have been attempting to take some pictures of our everyday-life the past few days.  Our lives are pretty ordinary right now, but in a very wonderful sort of way.  I sure wouldn't trade these days at home with my family for anything.

We've all been fighting "the crud" (as I like to call it), so this weekend we just stayed in and tried to rest up.  One of my favorite activities on Sunday was beauty shop...in which Caroline was the beautician and Daddy was the, um, project.  I plopped these in backwards, but you get the idea:

the finished product - isn't he purdy??

finishing touches


She was very serious about the job

My girls are just starting to actually play together, and nothing could make my heart melt faster.  I LOVE hearing these two girls giggle together, and there is still no one and nothing that can make Ellie giggle like her sister. 
Caroline likes to give Ellie rides...and she generally expects Ellie to "steer" since she is driving and all.

Caroline has entered a serious ballerina phase, and her tutu's make frequent appearances these days.  She especially enjoys dancing around Ellie.  This makes Ellie exceedingly happy, Caroline's thrilled to have an audience, and Mama stands guard to make sure the graceful dancer doesn't accidentally pummel the baby during a fall.

my Ellie girl - is there any face sweeter?

Crafting.  It's serious business being creative.

taking in a little Sesame Street while Mommy jumps through the shower (or sneaks around taking pictures)
Hanging out in a tent - another favorite pastime.  Caroline loves reading her books to Ellie, but she isn't too fond of her sister's eagerness to grab at the pages/slobber all over everything in sight.  It's a tricky business.
So there you have it, a few snapshots of our ordinary lives.

3 comments:

kelseylynae said...

sigh. i love this post, and your family.

can't wait to see you again and let you meet my daughter. :)

maybe caroline can do my hair?

Sharon said...

We have a few similar pictures of your Dad! Wait until she gets out the makeup!

Shelby said...

This is so great! And the pics are awesome :)

Dad's make the best projects in the beauty salon. I have pictures of good old Ross with about ten 80's style scrunchies in his hair...What great fun and memories!