Saturday, August 14, 2010

Family Time

Inspite of the circumstances, I was blessed with a wonderful time at home and in Iowa these past few days. It was a bit hectic, but we made it work. Monday morning I flew into KC, then drove up to Iowa on Tuesday, drove back Wednesday evening, hung out at home Thursday, and flew back to Nashville on Friday. Shwew! Caroline was a champion traveler, so to whomever was specifically praying that she would do well with that, I say THANK YOU!! You must have a direct line :-)

I was especially blessed to be able to see so much extended family in our short time there. 7 of the 8 of Grandma's children were there (with their spouses), 18 out of the 20 grandchildren were there (many with their spouses), 25 of the 31great-grandchildren were there (including Caroline!), and even the 1 great-great grandson was in attendance. Just that in itself speaks volumes of the legacy my Grandmother leaves behind. We are quite the bunch!


Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'm so thankful I was able to be there, but I am now very grateful to be back home. Also, we have some very exciting changes that are already in the works here in TN...but I'm going to leave you hanging with that for right now. There is, however, a very big hint in this picture I took this evening...

No comments: